Sunday, November 25, 2007

Too Funny!

For those of you who don't know we plan to homeschool and have received numerous silly comments from people when we share this. I can't say I've ever heard any of these but they are just too funny I had to post.

Check it out here:

http://journals.aol.com/hestiahomeschool/HomeschoolingJournal/entries/2005/06/03/hilarious-stupid-comments-made-to-homeschoolers/4099

Here are a few of my favorites:

"Won't they miss out on learning a lot of important stuff? I mean, how will they ever learn to stand in line?"

My neighbor was picking my brain about getting the public school to challenge her first grader. She was concerned because my first grader was already reading while her son of the same age was just learning thesounds of letters. Nonetheless she challenged my home schooling saying my son would still miss out. "It's important for him socially too. He needs to be offered drugs so he can turn them down."

When my husband told his mother that we were going to home school, she replied, "What makes Rose Mary think she has the right to teach my grandchildren?" Mike: It's in the same clause of the Constitution which gives grandmas the right to feed cookies and candy to the grandkids an hour before being sent home for dinner.

"Every kid has to get beat up a few times in public school or they won't be able to cope in the real world."

A friend said, "I could NEVER home school my children. I can't imagine spending that much time with them." She is a public schoolteacher.

Do people really listen to the things they say sometimes. LOL!!

0 comments: