Saturday, April 19, 2008

Menu Planning Monday


I've been a little out of the loop lately! Things have been very busy and with the weather FINALLY warm and lovely we have spent every waking minute outside. So...blogging took the back burner for a bit here. But I am trying to get back on track. I have been slacking with my menu planning also and that has resulted in many last minute not so healthy or frugal dinners. Back to menu planning.
I recently was able to borrow Nourishing Traditions from the library and I have to say it is AMAZING! Lots of great ideas. I've already started to soak our flours before baking and have made her oatmeal and Erik LOVED it so it will definitely be a weekly baking item. The boys enjoyed it also...Aiden with a little more sweetener than I would like (but at least he likes organic maple syrup instead of sugar!). After keeping the oatmeal in the fridge and eating it up for about 4-5 days I added a little Raw cream and a few eggs and made fried mush. Erik really enjoyed it with a little jelly spread on and rolled them up. I am not a big fan of the texture of oatmeal but I am trying to eat a little when I make it for the boys. We have started to get Raw milk from a local farm so I am hoping to try to make some things like Yogurt, Cheese, and maybe do something like Kefir (I will need to order some grains).

I am also hoping to be able to get a copy of the Maker's Diet'. This was a recommended title by Stephanie over at Keeper of the Home. I just LOVE her blog.

So...without further ado here is this weeks menu:

Monday - Oatmeal & Fruit for breakfast, PB&J for lunch & for dinner Rice Pasta, Tomato Sauce with some vegi's thrown in and maybe a little spice sausage.

Tuesday - Eggs & fruit for breakfast, Tuna fish for lunch & a quiche for dinner (with lots of vegi's from the freezer - brocolli, spinach and probably some onion and a little sausage. No recipe here I just wing it.) and I am going to try a great press in crust that I picked up from Nourishing Traditions.

Wednesday - Smoothies & Muffin (my Muffin recipe comes from Passionate Homemaker. I made about 3 dozen of them last Friday and they are so yummy!) for breakfast, Grilled Cheese (and maybe soup if I get a minute to make some) for lunch and Steak on the grill for dinner (with some potatoes and corn). (We maybe having dinner with friends so might be scratching this days menu...we will see.)

Thursday - Eggs & Fruit, Plate of Stuff and Arroz Con Pollo from From Mommy's Kitchen (and I subscribed to her blog because I loved all the recipes she had posted!). I am SO excited to try this recipe!

Friday - Oatmeal & Fruit, PB & J and Pizza Night! With a salad probably. Here is a great Pizza Dough recipe also from the Passionate Homemaker...another of my favorite blogs! I have not tried it yet but plan to this week.

Saturday - Yogurt & Muffin, Grilled Cheese & Cheesey pasta with some brocolli (and other vegi's) and some canned Salmon that I have thrown in there.

Sunday - Eggs & Fruit, Plate of Stuff and Hamburgers on the Grill (could be ground beef, turkey or goat as I have all in the freezer right now) with Corn and some rice.

There is so much going on this week in the bloggy world so watch for more posts soon. It is time for the Bloggy Giveaway Carnival again!! YAHOO!! I can see many late nights this week entering drawings. And don't forget tomorrow is Earth day. What are your plans??

Blessings!

0 comments: