Friday, May 16, 2008

What I Know NOW About Motherhood...

*This post will be staying at the top of my blog until 5/16. For other posts please scroll down the page. Thank you!

**Update: You have until Monday morning to get your post to me if you are interested. They have extended the deadline for all currently registered hostesses. So get yours posted asap!



I've decided to take part in the "What I Know Now..." blog bash going on over at Notes From My Nest. Great blog. I would definitely suggest checking it out! So...what is the "What I Know Now..." blog bash all about. Well...it is about sharing wisdom between mom's. What you need to do is share a quick post about something you didn't know before you were a mom...that you know now. Easy Peasy right.

Now I need a favor. I have volunteered to be a table hostess. I need at least 5 of you mom's out there that blog (and if you don't yet you should totally get started!) to share a post about what you didn't know before you were a mom that you know now. And there are PRIZES for doing this. Check out Notes From My Nest to get a sneak peak at a few of the prizes. What I need you to do is post a comment here with the link of your post about "What I Know NOW..." and I will share the posts of everyone at my "table." And if you get this to me by May 2nd you get 2 entries into the drawing for free prizes! Wow!!

Now...onto my own "What I Know Now..."

There are so many things I didn't know before I was a mom, it's hard to limit it. I didn't know how much I would love them. I mean I knew I'd love them but you just can't imagine before they lay that little baby in your arms that you really will be willing to lay your life down without a moments hesitation.

I didn't know I would be such a non-traditional parent. By that I mean I nursed my babies well into their second year (and would have gone longer if they hadn't weaned themselves), coslept (and still do), baby wear, non-vax, no-cir, home birthed, plan to homeschool, etc. We have definitely been blazing a new trail within our family and our community with some of our practices.

I also never knew I'd go from being a career minded feminist to a happy stay at home mom! I cannot imagine anyone taking care of my kids full time except ME.

Those are the major things. There are so many more! We each have our own so please share with me yours!

Blessings!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, I will totally do this!

I will have it to you very soon!

Anonymous said...

I will do this too! I will let you know when it is up.

Melisa & Erik Nielsen said...

I would love to do this! A short one to start... I never knew that I could be so happy just sitting and chatting with my kids. My mom was as plugged into me as she could have been as a single mom - I never understood her struggles until I walked them myself.

Much more to come... I'll do it on my blog and then let you know. blessings!

Heather said...

I went ahead and did it. :) Thanks for inviting me. http://untraditionalhome.com/?p=577

Going to wander around your blog a bit. Nice to meet you. :)

Anonymous said...

My post is up.

Things I Know Now That I'm A Mom...

Genny said...

Enjoyed reading what you know now! I have my list on my blog too if you want to check it out.